Monday, June 29, 2009

Fowl isn't so Foul Anymore!!

Quick update....

In a previous post we talked about TH telling us we need more protein in his diet. HA! Have I not said the kid ONLY eats PBJ, Fruit, and bread products. There is NO WAY he is going to eat MEAT!! But, again, I love a good challenge, so here we go.

Friday 6/26-I decide I'll scramble up some eggs and just see if we will eat them. 2 eggs=about 14g protein! That's pretty darn good since he needs 50g and only gets about 6 from a PBJ and 6 from the Spencer Super Smoothie, and about 13 from an ANDI bar. So I REALLY needed this to work. I crack 2 eggs, scramble them up with a little almond milk and salt, then back to the Spongebob game we go....I offer a bite and get a funny face and a big fat "no" in return. (Well, Spencer has this really cute way of saying no, it's more like a "neow".) TV off, "Spencer take a bite and you can play your game" mouth open, eggs in, funny face, and success!! He took the rest of the eggs without a single complaint! He MAY have even liked them, I'm not sure about that, but maybe? (that's me being hopeful)

Saturday 6/27--eggs for dinner again....no problem, Spongebob is my friend!!

Sunday 6/28--for dinner tonight I made Mike and Parker homemade Chicken Quesadillas. I decided to bake an extra chicken breast and see if we would be lucky enough to have the same success as we did with eggs. 4oz chicken has about 22g of protein, so you can imagine how much I REALLY wanted him to eat the chicken. I'm a little (okay A LOT) controlling when it comes to this intervention with Spencer. As I am flitting about in the kitchen, preparing myself for the great chicken debut, Mike says to me "I'm going to give him his chicken." Oh....okay, I'm thinking! This makes me a little nervous, because I REALLY want him to eat the chicken and I have a hard time handing over the reigns!! But I do have faith in my man, so I cut the chicken up on a plate and hand it off. (Well, the controlling me decided I had to be in there too "just in case") Wouldn't you know it, success!! He ate it, and Mike was the one who gave it to him!!

What did I learn today....gotta work on my control issues! and Spencer doesn't think Fowl is so Foul anymore!

Until next time.....peace, love, hope and prayers!

T

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him. James 1:12

1 comment:

  1. haha i remember that about camp- i could only get him to eat meat ONCE (and he ate like 6 chicken strips) and I kept worrying about whether he was getting enough protein haha. Sounds like the diet is going well, I am praying every day!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete